No April Fools here, just a good ole status update!
- Lots of old spells that were never used have been removed
- Quest is no longer castable (see below)
- Spells now have a minimum level before you can cast them. This isn’t used right now, but many spells will be updated in the very near future.
- Buffs are now based on the caster’s stats, not a flat number
- This affects: armor, bless, dark bless, giant strength, poison, shield, stone skin (I’ll update this if I forgot some, as I’m still working on this)
- Shield, Armor, and Stone Skin all currently give Armor. This may be changed in the future.
- Weaken now reduces 50% of your base, permanent strength.
- Poison now reduces your modified strength (the STR you get from gear), by 10% per stack.
- All “breath” spells have been updated.
- Gas breath now hits up to 12 targets and does 25% more damage than other breaths
- Lightning breath now hits up to 12 targets and does not need a target. Has a small chance on hit to stun the target.
- Fire breath now hits up to 12 targets and does not need a target. Has a small chance on hit to ignite the target, dealing 10% of the damage as additional damage over time. (IE, hit for 1k, then they get a 100 damage dot)
- Frost breath now hits up to 12 targets and does not need a target. Has a small chance on hit to freeze the target. Frozen targets have a chance to not be able to attack.
- Acid breath now hits up to 12 targets and does not need a target. Has a small chance on hit to eat through the armor of whoever it hits.
- Fireball no longer hits twice (This was a fun bug that I accidentally created)
- Energy Drain now heals based on how much damage was done, not by some arbitrary number
tl;dr Questing is gone, baby.
Seriously… Everyone but me hated questing, and I only didn’t hate it because I had a database of every single item in the entire game, aliases to get every single item, and a script to loop through the items I needed and literally go get them. Big shock, I botted questing. You damn right I did…
So, we listened to you guys. Questing is gone. There is a new system called Imbue, and that’s how you will add spells to your gear. Other than that, there will be items in the future to boost the stats on your gear, but for now, you get what you get so don’t throw a fit.
Combat overhauls have been a constant thing for us. The old combat system is just flawed and needs work, so here’s what we’ve done:
- Block has been implemented. Got a shield in your OH? Sweet! You have a chance to block attacks…
- Dodge and Parry have been updated.
- A missed attack is rolled into Dodge, so you might not see a lot of miss messages, but it’s still factored in.
- Weapon spells now trigger on each attack, and not once per round.
- Spell shields now trigger on each attack, and not once per round.
- Gear will no longer disappear when broken. Instead, a new system will be created for you to repair the item.